On the morning of Monday, May 6th at 5:26am (London time), the first baby of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was born. The much-anticipated birth was more low-key in many ways than the royal arrivals of the past five years, and the media was none too happy about all that. But the royal parents seemed to relish the calm, privacy and composure they had apparently planned for. And I can’t help thinking that whether you call it advance planning, strategic motivation, or very clear intentions (aka, Law of Attraction), they got what they wanted!
Soon after his birth, the little one came to be named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, honoring both Prince Philip’s ancestral name as well as the House of Windsor for Queen Elizabeth’s lineage.
Since I had previously analyzed the Human Design charts of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan when they got married, I thought it might be interesting to take a look at Little Archie’s chart. As a brief summary, Prince Harry is a Manifesting Generator and Meghan is a Generator.
Meghan & Harry’s charts
Meghan’s chart is that of a Generator with the 5/1 Heretical Investigator and the Incarnation Cross of Refinement, with the Gate 33 in her Conscious Sun. She is all about the Privacy of the Gate 33 and keeping things close to the vest because of the projection of others’ perspectives onto her with the 5/1. Somehow, she and Harry managed to keep their relationship under wraps for almost six months. How does that happen these days with cameras everywhere? She was able to keep her wedding gown’s designer a secret as well. Likely because she’s been in the public eye for such a long time with her blog and being an actress, she’s very resourceful and fits into the monarchy beautifully, doing all the required and refined duties, but also keeping their private life private. She has two channels – the Channel of Resources and the Channel of the Seeker. As an actress and lifestyle blogger, Meghan had amassed and managed her wealth during her successful career, while seeking to evolve and change over time. She’s a constant learner who is always wanting to “correct” things (with the Gate 18 – Correction), such as all the inequities she sees in the world.
In Prince Harry’s chart, we have an emotional Manifesting Generator with a 1/3 Investigative Martyr profile. He has a voice to be heard in all his charitable causes, will be experimenting throughout his life with new adventures, and he’s got the emotional ups and downs that make him interesting and unpredictable as one of the most approachable and beloved figures in the Royal Family. He almost couldn’t help but be a soldier with the two channels of Mating and Perfected Form, which make him a Warrior and someone you can follow out of a crisis to safety – literally a design of survival. He’s also got the Incarnation Cross of Eden, which is all about supporting the poor and those in need.
Archie’s Human Design chart
Into this lovely mixing of Generator and Manifesting Generator energies comes another little Manifesting Generator. While there is no way to tell exactly how Archie will grow and be conditioned by his parents and his surroundings, and then further be influenced by his experiences – both good and not so good – there are certain tendencies in the chart that will appear no matter what happens. (And this, of course, is true for all of us. No one is spared!)
First and foremost, he is a Manifesting Generator. He will have a voice that is heard (not necessarily loudly, but he will be heard) and he will have the energy of the Sacral that allows him to go and go, just like his parents. He has the Profile 3/5, which is the Martyr/Heretic, so he will be curiously experimental and have something to say that may be the slightest bit “heretical”, while attracting the attention of others. And his Incarnation Cross is the Right Angle Cross of the Sphinx, which bodes well for being a thoughtful and just leader, should he be in that position. He actually has all four of the leadership gates that come off the “G” Center, as well as the Gate 10, which is the Love of the Self, but also can be empowerment.
As an emotional Manifesting Generator, Archie will run through his own emotional cycles on a regular basis. As any emotionally-defined being, he will have his own unique cycle of feeling up at times and then feeling rather down. As a baby, he’ll cry in cycles, most likely. Dad will understand this, as he’s emotionally-defined, too. Mom will understand because she’s lived with, loved, and worked with emotional types all of her life. She’s the even-keeled, relatively non-emotional one who is steadying the ship in all kinds of weather, and is great in any emergency. The particular emotional channel that Archie has is the Channel of Openness (12-22), which is a combination of the Gate 12 (Caution) and the Gate 22 (Charm & Grace). Both are wonderful traits to have as a royal because he’ll be as charming as his father with family, friends and strangers, but he’ll be particularly cautious of the family’s reputation in all circumstances.
With six energy centers defined in his chart, he will make his presence known, much like Princess Charlotte, who is also a Manifesting Generator.
These energy centers give him a number of channels that will act as the themes of his life: The Channels of Curiosity (11-56, like his mother), Openness (12-22), Evolution & Growth (3-60), Beginnings, Middles & Endings (42-53) and Awakening (10-20).
Seeing a baby’s Human Design chart can be interesting, illuminating or just fun for the curious. For the parents, it can be a way to know their child in a deeper way, so that they know their child’s strategy for making decisions, their tendencies and even why they may do certain things, or get upset about other things. More than anything, it is a way to see that parents are unique beings themselves, and sometimes quite different from their child. That’s not good or bad; it’s just what it is. And the sooner the parent can appreciate the child’s individual uniqueness, the happier the whole family will be!
- Hello there! It’s been a while…Hello there! It’s been a while… Now that ALL the “New Year’s” (January 1, Lunar, Gaelic, and the Human Design New Year on January 21) have brought us squarely into 2021, and we’ve had a chance to exhale (aahhh?) and integrate some of the tumult of 2020, where do we go from here? What are... […]
- June 25, 2020: Chaos to Calm and beyondJune 25, 2020: Chaos to Calm and beyond In such challenging times, it’s not easy to know what to say. I’m no prophet or guru or therapist. I’m just living my life as you are: marveling at the changes we’ve seen since the start of 2020, wondering how things will turn out, and... […]
- April 27, 2020: A few new paradigms in our “new normal”Hello! I hope that you and your family are doing well, staying healthy and grounded, and doing whatever you can to adapt and even thrive during this time. After doing so much research and observation over the past month, fully hunkered down amid a lot of thinking and wondering, I wanted to share some things... […]
- March 16, 2020: Staying Healthy and GroundedThere’s a lot of information out there and a lot of mis-information as well. As you might expect, I’ve been researching a lot over the past week to pull the fact from the fiction. I’ve found a few things I think help to tell the story, and thought you might like to see them, too.... […]
- Feb. 18, 2020: We are made of stars – just as Ra saidWhat if we really are all connected? I know I often say that – but you may not believe me. It’s what we say in Human Design. We’re all connected – different life purpose, different energy, different life paths. But we’re all here to make a difference, all floating as a drop in the same... […]